Our intimate boutique hotel is located in Palm Springs, California. Our mountainous town is known for its hot springs, boutique shops, golf courses, and spas, but did you know that our stylish town is also home to the world’s largest rotating tramcar? The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway offers beautiful views and a fun experience. It is also the #1 rated activity in Palm Springs! Here is everything you need to know about the Aerial Tramway:
The Aerial Tramway Experience:
While the tram car slowly rotates, you will travel 2.5 miles along the cliffs of Chino Canyon to Mt San Jacinto State Park. Your trip will take about 15 minutes from the start of the tramway to the top. On your way, you will experience breathtaking views of the desert mountain terrain.
Activities at the Top:
Once you reach the Mountain Station at an elevation of 8,516 feet, there are several exciting activities for you to experience.
- Observation Decks – Allow you to have even more stunning views of the terrain and is the perfect place for a photo op!
- History – A natural history museum and two documentary theaters are offered to teach you about the area.
- Hiking – Over 50 miles of hiking trails lie near the Mountain Station just waiting to be explored.
- Gift Shop – A great place for you to find a souvenir!
With two dining options and a full bar, you are sure to have an unforgettable dining experience at 8,500 feet!
- Pines Café – A cafeteria-style restaurant with a variety of quick options.
- Peak’s Restaurant – A fine dining experience with spectacular views of the Coachella Valley.
- Lookout Lounge – A full bar perfect for adults to grab a delicious cocktail and appetizers.
To experience the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and save money, book a room at our Palm Springs bed and breakfast. We are just 20 minutes from the Palm Springs Visitor Center where the tramway begins and we offer discount tickets for our guests. Contact us now to start planning your stay in Palm Springs!